Monday, October 12, 2009

I like orange.

So I'm back. I abandoned this blog and although no one noticed and no one reads, I feel like I should introduce myself again.

I'm Alie.

I'm 26 and very easily amused. I live with my boyfriend and our dog, Bucko. Bucko is special.

I love to laugh. I talk about laughter a lot. It's one of the best things in the world, next to cuddling. The only thing better than laughing is laughing with someone else.

I'm insanely sentimental.

I have one sibling, a sister that is 4 years younger than me. She is just as crazy as I am and we have a lot of fun when we're together.

Impulsive is my middle name.

I am obsessed with music. I am fortunate to have a music loving father that introduced me to my favorite bands and goes to more indie concerts than I do. If I am not listening to music I am singing in my head. I have been in one band and want to eventually sing in another.

My Dad is my hero. I am exactly like him in many different ways.

I'm terrified of horses, heights and airplanes.

I smoked a pack and a half of cigarettes a day, for 13 years. I quit November 9, 2008. It's one of my biggest accomplishments and was one of the largest hurdles I ever had to get over.

I have had two surgeries and a divorce in the last year and I would rather double the surgeries than go through something as horrible as divorce again. I never realized how physically and emotionally draining it is. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. It doesn't matter if you're not in love, broke up a long time ago or have moved on. The situation still weighs heavy on the soul and it is far from easy. Every day I try to figure out a new way to live my life productively and positively. I'm not sure I'll ever get married again. I don't feel I need to be married to commit to someone. I don't know if it's as important as I once thought it was. Part of me hopes I'm proved wrong.

I love to love and I am loyal.
I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, on my iMac. I am obsessed with photography and I spend a lot of time either looking at or editing photos on my computer.

My favorite animal is the sloth. No one ever gives them a hard time about being slow and lazy.

I love adventures and sushi. I am currently a big fan of the color orange, but that could change tomorrow.

My favorite movies are Step Brothers and Amelie. My favorite singer is Elvis Costello.

I love anything miniature. Miniature pencils, Tabasco, horses... everything.

I take multi-vitamins every day.

So there's a few things. I'll add things as I remember them, as I am a pretty random person and have a new obsession ever week.

No comments:

Post a Comment