Monday, October 12, 2009

Inappropriate, even for me.

When I started my current job, I thought having an old 65+ year old hippy of a boss was cool. Doing accounting in a boat yard is fun most of the time. There are old sailors with unbelievable stories and foul mouths. One customer has a parrot on his shoulder every time I see him and makes comments about kidnapping me and sailing away.

I have a pretty good sense of humor, you have to in a place like this. My favorite thing in the world is laughter. I'm not easily offended and usually I don't mind being the butt of a joke. The thing about my job was that even though we joked amongst ourselves about sex and booze, we were still professional... or so I thought.

Some personal rules:
  1. It is not OK to show me your bra by lifting up your shirt or flash me your underwear in the office, although you think wearing a skirt entitles you to do that.
  2. Saying "Move your big fat ass" does not make me want to move and is therefore an ineffective way of communicating of your need to get past me.
  3. I don't want to hear stories about your one night stands in Washington DC 40 years ago. Sorry.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment